Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

another night's adventures!


Last night was a little back slide in the sleep cycle but we are still doing good. However this was going through my head last night .....

Some people have told me now that I have two little girls I have a sense of how much God loves me. Not my experience so far. Last night I felt more like the God of the Old Testament. I wanted to throw Maggie out the window! I would rock her for 30 min and then she would be sound asleep and I would try to lay her down. The second I pulled my hand away her eyes shoot open and she starts to cry.
Babies and People for that matter can be so annoying and frustrating. Oh your town is sexually immoral BURN IT, Noah is the only righteous man on the planet DROWN THE REST!! Egypt won't release the Israelites 10 Plagues on you and kill the pharaohs first born!!! SO yeah I guess I did have a glimpse into how God feels.

after waking up at 3:50 AM to help feed the girls I stumbled back to bed at about 5:30 and passed out.

The next thing I knew it was 8 o'clock. Jeannie had left for work and Marjie had let me sleep in. Then I walked in the living room and saw Phoebe's face. So cute I can't even describe. I do love my girls :) I think I will let them live :)



1 comment:

Cathy Colleen said...

I don't suppose you were singing to her when this picture was taken, were you?

Y'know, I think you put your finger on it. How many times did Moses have to talk God out of giving up on his chosen people? That's the whole point, we who deserve nothing and who grieve God endlessly are still treasured and redeemed.


There's a story told by Terry Clark, a great blues musician and singer. He was in Viet Nam as a very young man and his job was to put bodies into bags for the trip home. After many months of this and many friends that he had to stuff into plastic, he lost it--big time. He decided he didn't want to be a human being if human beings were capable of doing such horrible things to others of their own species. He decided he wanted to be an animal. So he took off all of his clothes (animals don't wear uniforms)and disappeared into the jungle. When they found him and got him into his padded cell, the doctors wrote on his chart: "Prognosis: Hopeless." After some time of rest and privacy, a day came when he felt engulfed by the presence of Christ. He heard a message:
"I know how you feel. You are so horrified by what men do that you no longer want to be a man anymore. I know...but, remember, I was not a man, yet I became one of you." After that, Terry said, Jesus showed him what just a tiny, tiny bit of the love God has for His creation feels like...God filled him with the smallest amount--and it almost killed him. Terry said the love of God cannot be imagined.

[And the logical opposite of that would be a hatred of evil--not evil-doers but the evil they choose to commit.]

Not much later, the charts read:
"Improving." Then: "Good." Then: "Recoverd. Ready for release."

Find some of his songs...you'll like 'em.

Love, CC