Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Well I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately. I guess I won't be getting those advertisers to pay me money to be on my blog, Damn! Everything has kind of been a whirl wind.

Jeannie and I did get to escape to Hawaii for four days which was a great chance to relax. It didn't feel like as much of a break as I thought it would. Jeannie and I have been together 14 years without kids and 5 months with kids. It was more like, wait was that a dream that we had kids for the past 5 months. We had a blast and the girls stayed with Tres Abolitas ( the three grandmas) Marjie, her best friend Colleen Foster and my Mom. A big thank you to them!

And that brings us to this week. I am officially Mr. Mom. Jeannie leaves for work in the morning and I have the girls. It is so strange and feels like such a role reversal but I have been having fun. I do love my girls. They are so cute and so sweet and I seem to be able to handle anything they can throw at me (knock on wood!). My days now consist of walks, bottle feeding, cleaning, laundry and making dinner for Jeannie. I am a 50's house wife. I am cool with it though it is better than going to work! However, I still work. Jeannie comes home and we basically high five and she takes the girls and I get ready to go out and play music. Such a weird switch to play music for people drinking and having dinner after hanging with the girls all day.

So not many funny stories today, just trying to keep everyone updated! Oh I did find a great recipe for Risotto in a crock pot which is real easy and you don't have to stir it for two hours. Anyone know how to get poop stains out of PJ's?

4 comments:

shannon said...

Your day sounds like mine! Risotto recipe please?!

Matt said...

--1 1/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice
--1/4 cup olive oil
--1/4 cup white wine
--3 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
--1 t dried onion flakes
--5 cloves chopped garlic
--1 t kosher salt
--1/4 t black pepper

--2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (to add at the very end)


The Directions.

--toss the uncooked Arborio rice with the olive oil in your crockpot stoneware
--add the seasonings and garlic
--pour in the broth and white wine
--stir to mix flavors

--cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until the rice is tender. It took 2.5 hours for me.

--stir in the shredded cheese and leave uncovered for about 15 minutes to let a bit of the moisture escape


The final product will be very creamy and have a porridge-like consistency.

THE WHITTINGTONS said...

Oxyclean, a bucket and water are our best friends in regards to poop stains!

I'm going to have to give that risotto recipe a try...

Kristin said...

While the girls are still on breast milk only, which won't be for long. You can actually just wash the clothes and then before the dryer set them out in the sun for a few hours. Nature's miracle! Oxyclean is also our good friend.
PS. Looking forward to hanging out with the.kiddos.