Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Thursday, April 29, 2010

DAN CROSS IS 60!




My Dad is 60 Today!

This pics was taken right before he left on his cross country motorcycle trip. He is the one without the Dirty Sanchez Moustache. My Dad sported more of a western/ Magnum PI moustache most of his life and I always loved it. I am still pretty sure my Dad can beat up your Dad, and I think he still has the skills to teach me a lesson or two :). My Dad is very self less, he has always done and still does whatever he has to to provide for my Mom and our Family. My Dad didn't have any hook ups or free hand outs. He got to where he is today by working his ass off and taking care of business! My Dad always told me I could do whatever I wanted and has always believed in me and supported me. The only thing I ever wanted to do growing up was impress him. Even the past couple years when he has come to see me play music, I watch his eyes and face as I take the stage and see how proud he is of me. Thanks Dad for all of your love and support and for pushing me to do what I want to do, not what I have to do! Happy Birthday Pop, I love you

If you are reading this maybe you can take the time to tell your Dad thank you or tell someone a story you remember from your Dad or someone who is or was a father figure in your life.

2 comments:

Dan Cross said...

The dirty Sanchez mustache is on his buddy Bill Stoll. Dad is 23 in this photo and they rode to Florida in 6 days! They were going to do a trip all around the country but they beat themselves up so badly that they left their bikes in FL and flew home!

mistermortensen said...

very touching post...even though i don't know who dirty sanchez is.