Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Thursday, May 20, 2010

EASILY DISTRACTED

this pic is a random one I worked on while writing this ...... nothing to do with my post!


I made a pretty life changing revelation the other day. I am not a good worker! That is hard to hear. Everyone wants to think of themselves as hard workers right? Everyone wants to take a little pride at what they do and set the standard. I am an average worker, on a good day. I realize I always look at the minimum that needs to get done and I do that. Rarely do I strive for something better unless I love doing it. I go the extra mile with music and gigs but only cause I love it. It is hard for me to step it up when I don't love it. If any of my former employers are reading this right now quit nodding your head!

Jeannie has to give me a list at home and If I don't check it off in order cleaning the house can seriously take me 8 hours. I think it might be ADD, If anyone has it, I do! Not ADHD, I am not hyper at all, I can just lose focus at any......... hey that dog has a fluffy tail!...... , I lose focus a lot. For example, I started cleaning the house today , and now I am blogging, and since I started this blog, I took a break to learn a Zac Brown Band song for a gig tonight. Wait what was I talking about. Seriously it is tough!

You would think that since I figured out lists work for me I would use them more. Nope because I go to get a pen to make a list and then I see some change on the counter and go put that in my change jar in my man room, then I see that there are games on the table that need to be put away, then I wonder if there is a settlers expansion pack on sale at ebay to play with friends, then I think about friends we haven't hung out with so I will go on facebook and leave some messages for friends to hang out, then I look at some cool pictures Cameron put online, then I realize I want to mess with some pics I have taken on my Iphone and 2 hours later I have some really cool pics I have doctored up, and then I think Oh yeah I was cleaning the house for Jeannie, I should go get a pen and make a list!

SO TO ALL MY CREATIVE, ABSENT MINDED, DAYDREAMING, UNFOCUSED FRIENDS AND FAMILY OUT THERE , EMBRACE WHO YOU ARE!! AND WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT BEING FOCUSED ANYWAY!

1 comment:

Mama Jean said...

I am SO sorry that you got this from me! At least you get a LOT of things done - eventually!