Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Friday, May 7, 2010

I don't care if you brougt your bags!

So as most of you know I work at a Grocery Store, just to protect my behind, I will not mention the name of the store but we do have to ware Hawaiian shirts and we have lots of organic food and humus and cheap wine:)
I have been there for three years and it definitely has its benefits. It is just not my long term goal if you know what I mean. Plans are in the works to pursue bigger and better things, but I thought I would share a few things that made me laugh this week. Fellow "employees" feel free to share some stories that make you laugh! ( please do not mention the store name to protect the blog:)

1.
Customer: Um Do you have a garlic Chicken stir fry?
Me: Yes we do right here.
Customer: well I was looking for more of a Garlic Chicken stir fry?
Me: Oh is this not the right one, let's see what it says on the package.
Customer: (reading the package) Garlic Chicken Stir fry
Me: Alrighty then,
Customer: Do you have more of a stir fry
Me: I am afraid this is as close as we can get to a Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Customer: So you don't have any then?


2.
Customer: I would like to return this ( Half empty $2 bottle of wine)
Me: Okay, was there a problem
Customer: It just wasn't very good!
Me: It wasn't up to your $2 dollar standard?
customer: (confused look?!)

and remember friends , no one really cares if you remember your bags.

2 comments:

rjnebulous said...

That's awesome. From this point forward, chicken stir fry will always make me laugh!

jean Cross said...

I love this! It makes me think of subbing when every time there is some future rocket scientist that walks in and asks "Are you a sub?" or the curtains are shut, the lights are out and the question comes, "Are we watching a movie?"

And I always feel guilty when I don't bring my bags even though I always forget them!