Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Maggie Lou and Phoebe Jane

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Alright! Day 10 of being a Dad. Talk about learning something new everyday. Last night I learned that if you don't double check if you did the diaper right your daughter shits all over Grandma ! Whoops.

So now I have diapers dialed in. I am learning what things are most important to a new Dad, and I have decided to share my list with you! It is not a long list mind you , Lucky you :)

1.
This book is awesome, well I didn't read it but I watched the movie and it has helped so much in soothing the girls and calming them down. The nurses at the hospital didn't really know it and they thought I was the baby whisperer! Guys, watch this movie, it well save you from shaking your child to death or giving them up for adoption!

2. Gentlemen, Your wives boobs are gonna look awesome! Awesome.. Right! Well they are not for you, and your wife does not want them to be touched and by the time you can touch them again, they probably won't be as awesome, but they may return to their former glory. To quote Brandon Rogers " they are like an oasis in the dessert you keep thinking you are getting close but you can never quite touch the water" (sorry Brandon not an exact quote)

3. EARPLUGS!! This is another necessity. TO sleep it blocks out all the crazy baby noises and if you have an inconsolable baby you can hold them while they cry and it won't drive you crazy! Seriously , ear plugs . Get them!

4. Iphone or smart phone, or ipad.... There are many hours that you will be sitting watching babies, holding babies, waiting to feed babies, watching your wife pump milk. With the Iphone I was able to watch late night with Jimmy Fallon on my phone, or play angry birds while waiting for babies to go to sleep, or taking pictures of babies and posting them on facebook. I made a movie of the babies first bath edited it and sent it to the Grandparents.It gives the ADD child of the 80's Dad something to occupy his busy mind with. Your wife may not be a big fan of this! Keep it on the down low

5. Beer, Two beers a day just helps everything Go a little better around dinner time :) , more than two beers..... no .... never .... no, okay sometimes.

Well I guess those are the most important things to me right now:) Tonight is date night , Grandmas are babysitting and Jeannie and I are going out to dinner :) so excited.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

Holly Peterson said...

You are settling into dadhood very well. My favorites are happiest baby on block and beer dosage. I agree strongly.